Due to increased growth in the business, we are looking for individuals to join our fast paced team as a Logistics Co-Ordinator based at our Purfleet depot. The role entails being the first point of call for our drivers and customers ensuring
the safe and efficient delivery of product across the country.
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 P.A based on experience
Type: Office based only Full time, Permanent
Shift: Sunday – Thursday (10pm – 6.30am)
What we are looking for
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact and liaise with customers and drivers to answer queries.
- Prepare transport documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Re-planning of customer base loads as the need arises.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, drivers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Contact delivery UK destinations to book in deliveries.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g., invoicing, filing, queries, claims.
- POD handling for customers.
Skills and Competency:
- Previous experience as a Logistics Co-ordinator or in a similar role preferable (experience in fuels industry desirable).
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks using your own initiative at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize own workload but also be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal.
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate working administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
Along with 20 days annual leave, bank holidays and company pension, we offer the following benefits –
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members.
- Employee Discount Programme.
- After completing six months’ service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After six months, service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- Onsite parking available.
We actively encourage and promote diversity and are committed to equal opportunities for all.